Friday, August 5, 2016

Reading Reflection No. 3 - Steve Jobs

1) What surprised me the most was how Steve Jobs was depicted as temperamental and hard to work with. I admired his drive and dedication to succeeding, however, I did not admire his attitude towards people and how he treated others. He encountered adversity when he was fired from Apple for having problems with so many people and lost a lot of money investing in Pixar and NeXT. His solution was convince Pixar to make animation for movies rather than focus on short films and other services. Pixar then partnered with Disney to make Toy Story, and the rest was history. 

2) Steve Jobs was a very driven person who always got what he wanted. He worked hard and truly believed in his visions and ideas. For example, when he wanted a job at Intel he walked in and refused to leave without a job, and he landed one. 

3) I was confused on Steve's business relationships with people. It almost seemed like he climbed over people to get to the top of the ladder. He left behind a lot of good working people that had helped him, I don't know why he would do that. It seems like he also tried to cheat people a lot, the book questioned whether he held back bonuses and did not split profits properly. 

4) I would honestly ask Steve Jobs why he was such a horrible person to work with and why he alienates himself instead of working with others as a team. My second question would regard why he invested so much money into NeXT after he was fired from Apple. 


5) I think Steve Job's idea of hard work is to make his vision a reality. If someone designed or engineered a product he turned it into money with his skills and perseverance. While I do agree with his take on hard work, I probably would have a better attitude about it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

summer.roque@gmail.com