Saturday, May 14, 2016

Bug List

1) Bug: The Dunkin' Donuts on Archer Rd back up to the main road in the mornings.
Why: There was a poor site design when building it.

2) Bug: On construction sites the portable bathrooms are unisex.
Why: There used to be no women in the construction field.

3) Bug: When I visit Devil's Millhopper and other honor system parks it requires cash.
Why: State parks do not have the funding to have staff on hand to charge debit and credit cards.

4) Bug: I always leave my Gator Green Back coupons at home when I need them.
Why: In a technological age it is annoying to carry paper around everywhere.

5) Bug: For oil changes companies usually say you can walk in but I always end up waiting two hours.
Why: They just want more business so they try to tell everyone to come in.

6) Bug: My fishing gear, boots, and other items fly around my truck bed all the time and it is always messy.
Why: I do not like the appearance of tool boxes, I want something that can securely organize my items without being seen above the bed.

7) Bug: It takes me forever to find a movie I want to watch on Netflix.
Why: There are too many options and no previews.

8) Bug: During weather changes people drive recklessly.
Why: Some people still try to do the speed limit and some go too slow.

9) Bug: Most times when I go to the gym the stair climber machines are full.
Why: People usually do not adhere to the 30 minute time cap when there is a line for machines.

10) Bug: When I get sick the last thing I want to do is get out of bed, but I have to go buy medicine at Walgreens.
Why: I never stock up on medicine.

11) Bug: Always running out of hot water in my apartment.
Why: Water heater is too small for the unit.

12) Bug: I am always freezing in my apartment.
Why: There is only one thermostat to control the whole unit's temperature.

13) Bug: UF students have to pay for football tickets.
Why: We spend too much money on athletics.

14) Bug: My McDonald's drive thru orders are always incorrect.
Why: Neither I nor the employees double check the orders.

15) Bug: It takes forever to pitch a tent.
Why: There are too components that make up a securely built tent.

16)  Bug: Every time we go out on the boat we have to flush the motor.
Why: Saltwater ruins everything.

17) Bug: I frequently leave my hair straightener on.
Why: I am in a rush in the mornings.

18) Bug: I dread getting my hair done at the salon because I have limited movement and I get bored.
Why: I have long hair and issues with patience.

19) Bug: It takes me forever to decide where to go out to eat.
Why: Gainesville has too many food options and it is hard to narrow down the selection.

20) Bug: I lock my keys in the car quite often.
Why: My car automatically locks itself after a few minutes.



    I found this assignment very challenging. The first ten bugs were easy to come up with, however it progressively got harder after that. Digging for the "whys" was not too difficult once I thought of a bug. I would like to consider myself an easy going person and did not imagine that so many things could bug me, and why they bugged me. This assignment truly made me think hard and I thought of plenty of opportunities that could come from these bugs.

3 comments:


  1. Hey, after reading your bug list it seems that this assignment helped you realize some bugs you didn't know you had. The good thing was that you analyzed why that was a problem and possibly formed a solution to fix that bug. Now you'll be able to eliminate some of these bugs because you recognize the issue and know the solution. We share some bugs, it’s pretty interesting to hear it from some else's perspective. Anyways, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with a lot of these bugs and have a couple of the same bugs on my list too. I really dislike traffic on Archer at all times, especially by the Dunkin Donuts. A couple things that bug me too on your list but didn't even think of was the fact that UF students pay for football tickets. I always forget that other schools occasionally get tickets included in tuition. Also, whenever I'm going out at night to eat, its impossible to ever pick somewhere with my friends since there is too many options around Gainesville.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Summer! I have a lot of your "bugs" in my life too, however they don't really bother me as much. My straightener turns off after 30 minutes, I sneak into the social 28 gym because the UF student rec is way too crowded, and my hair appointments take forever too because my hair is long and thick but I usually just talk to my hair dresser or play around on my phone. I will agree however that apartment temperature is ridiculous. Mine was always way too hot and my roommate would complain every time I turned it down one degree. You seem really outdoorsy and active though, so I can tell you're the type of person that would be easy going which is cool.

    ReplyDelete

summer.roque@gmail.com