Friday, June 10, 2016

Idea Napkin No. 1




1) My name is Summer Roque and I am graduating in December with my bachelor’s degree in Construction Management. I am a licensed General Contractor in the state of Florida, and have worked in the construction industry since I was sixteen years old. My skills include knowledge of various estimating, drafting, and project management software’s and being fluent in Spanish. I aspire to own a successful contracting company that holds men and women as equals and that excels in “green” and sustainable construction. This business would play a role in my life because I would use multiple “Pink-a-Potties” on each and every one of my construction sites, and even I would have a proper restroom to use when I am on-site.

2) My business concept is to start “Pink-a-Potties”, pink portable toilets that are delivered to jobsites for women to utilize instead of men and women sharing a typical portable bathroom. Not only are these units pink, but they offer feminine products and proper disposals, as most commercial restrooms for women have. Construction companies who contract our services can order multiple units to their respective project and “Pink-a-Potties” includes weekly waste removal with each contract. We also will always make sure the units are stocked up with our products and toilet paper.

3) “Pink-a-Potties” is not just targeted to construction companies, any party that needs temporary restroom services can order from us. This can range from concert facilities, fairgrounds, maintenance work, and any outdoor events.

4) It is 2016… Women and men are equal. So why have portable toilets that are unisex? Specifically, in construction, the amount of women in the field in increasing. Back in the day only men were on construction sites, so those portable toilets might as well have a label on them that say “Men’s”. Studies have shown that your employees will work better if you treat them better. So why not order a “Pink-a-Potty” for those female employees to be more comfortable on the field, or any outdoor occasion? Especially if you have to order portable restrooms anyway!

5) What sets me apart from everyone else is that these portable restrooms are “pink”, literally and figuratively. We offer feminine products and disposals, along with normal service contracts like most portable restroom companies offer. Not only are we offering a product that in most cases are legally required, but we offer a chance for construction companies and other customers to show their employees or guests that they are all for equality of the sexes.



I believe these elements fit together with my business concept. Due to the fact I am a female in construction I am very passionate about the issue of equality in this field, which would give me the drive to make this venture succeed. I would be able to use this product in my career and have it play a role in my contracting company. None of these elements are a weak aspect for my concept, they further prove the necessity of this product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

summer.roque@gmail.com