Friday, July 8, 2016

Reading Reflection #2


 

The Art of Social Media: Power Tips for Power Users, Guy Kawasaki

  1. The general theme of the book was social media and what companies and business do to turn it into a powerful resource and use it successfully. Kawasaki kept a light and humorous tone throughout the whole book, making it an easy read.
  2. One of the chapters that really stood out to me was chapter five, which discussed integrating blogging and social media. I never thought I would ever have or write in a blog, until this class. ENT 3003 showed me how to write in a blog and use it as a tool to share my thoughts and ideas, something worth sharing. The book referred to blogging as being a powerful medium that companies can post to social media to share thoughts and ideas with their audience, which is exactly what we are practicing now.
  3. If I had to design an exercise for this class based on this book I would have students create a Facebook page with their fake company’s information and show that they can successfully use social media as a tool. They would have to get a certain amount of followers, create at least two posts a week like the book recommends, use short and simple hashtags, and respond to comments in the appropriate manner.
  4. My biggest surprise when reading this book was how blunt the author got at certain points. I thought the book was going to consist of basic points that everyone who had a Facebook knew, however, at one point in the book he wrote about how to avoid looking clueless. He bluntly said to put qualified people in charge of social media, not people with little experience and barely know how to work a smart phone. I was also surprised at how straightforward everything was, he pretty much gave specific, step-by-step instructions for all of his topics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

summer.roque@gmail.com