Saturday, July 30, 2016

Your Exit Strategy

1) My goal in life is to own a successful general contracting company. Therefore, as my exit strategy I would plan to sell this business in the next five years for a large return.

2) I have selected this particular strategy because I don't want this venture to get in the way of my lifelong goals. I don't think it would be difficult to run both companies for a while since they are both in the construction industry, but I would eventually want to put all of my focus into my construction company.

3) I think my exit strategy has influenced many decisions in my venture. Instead of targeting a wide market, I have decided to just target the construction industry because it would compliment my career. My recourses for this venture include contacts I have made in past construction jobs and ones that I will make in the future. Since I will sell the company in around five years, all of my decisions did not stray far from the construction world.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Summer,

    I am in a similar position to you. I also do not want to pursue my venture because I have other life goals. I'm happy for you though that making and organizing this venture has helped your actual career goals with networking and such. Do you have an idea of when you will be selling your product? Who would you target as the primary buyer for such a venture concept?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Summer. It's great that you have thought out why you'd like to sell your venture, and that's to be able to complete your life-long goals. There's always the possible of staying on board with your venture and giving someone else the reigns to handle it so you still potentially profit?

    ReplyDelete

summer.roque@gmail.com